ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE
When I want to eat Italian cuisine but I don’t have a lot of time to cook, just cook eggplant, add tomato sauce and complete it with cheese, yeah!
- 3 eggplant
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 qts crushed plum tomatoes
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- pecorino romano cheese
- Cut the eggplant, then put it in a bowl, add 1tbsp of salt, mix well, let stand for about 3-5 minutes, then rinse with water. This is to reduce the bitter taste of eggplant.
- After washing, season eggplant with salt, pepper and mix well
- Add oil to the pan, then bake the eggplant until it’s tender
- Prepare a pan to make sauce, add oil, saute onions, garlic, add crushed tomatoes, fresh basil, oregano, salt, pepper and cheese
- Add the tomato sauce that has been made onto the roasted eggplant
- Add cheese, sprinkle parsley, thyme and serve